The Church Regathered
COVID UPDATE DECEMBER 23, 2020.
We are returning to online-only services for the weeks of December 27 & January 3rd, 2020. While we currently have zero positive cases within the congregation, our area has experienced a large spike in COVID cases. Many of these cases have been traced back to Thanksgiving gatherings and travel. By meeting virtually for two weeks we hope to help to avoid adding a Christmas surge on top of the existing large number.
Limited In-Person worship returns Sunday, January 10 at 10:45 am. Online streaming will continue.
Please see the videos posted below for more information on why we have made this decision and our ongoing plan to regather.
In the video below, Pastor Johnathon lays out our plan to responsibly regather at the church building beginning Sunday, May 17.
Beginning Sunday, May 17th, we will offer three opportunities for worship, all at 10:45 am.
- Limited In-Person Worship
- Drive-In Worship
- Online Streaming.
Our in-person worship will be at 10:45 and at the same time will be broadcast via a low power FM transmitter to the church parking lot so that you can listen on your car radio if you do not wish to come inside. This in-person worship will also be live-streamed both here and on Facebook live so you can continue to worship at home as well, just as many of you have been doing.
In-Person Changes & Precautions
We have spent two weeks deep cleaning the church, including having a professional service come in to clean and sanitize the carpets and upholstery as well as disinfect the entire church. In addition, there will be some changes to how we gather to improve safety. These include:
- Remove high touch items such as hymnals & pew bibles (Lyrics & scripture will be on the projector screen)
- No handouts or bulletins (You can also follow along with scripture and sermon notes on the YouVersion Bible app)
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the church and limited cloth masks available.
- Entrance & Exit through main sanctuary doors only
- Every other pew will be blocked off
- If you live together - sit together. Otherwise, please maintain social distancing.
- Instead of using the offering plate, tithes box in the entrance or give online here.
- Congregational singing only (no choir)
- Restrooms are OPEN but the water fountain is off.
- Classrooms, fellowship hall, and playground will be closed off
Afterward, if you would like to fellowship outside, you may, but we ask you to maintain your safe distance.
We encourage those over age 65 and those who are high risk for COVID-19 to continue to meet online or use the drive-in option. In fact, our role in all of this is to encourage - not enforce. We ask each of you to help us show love to one another and to our neighbors during this time.
Right now, we are only offering one morning worship service in person. Our studies and kid's clubs continue to meet online. As the situation allows, we will slowly begin adding in-person studies and fellowship.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you.