"Based on the gift each one has received, use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God." 1st Peter 4:10 [HCSB]
We are called to show love to others through service, to honor God through service, and to grow in our faith through service. At Oak Grove we want you to be more than just a spectator sitting on a pew once a week. We want you to grow into someone who takes the gifts and talents God has given you out to a world in need of Him.
We offer many everyday ways for you to serve others through our women's and men's groups (WMU & Brotherhood) as well as church projects. Through our partnership with the CrossNet Baptist Network we offer opportunities for you to serve across the country and around the world.
Upcoming Mission Trips
"Neighbors On Mission" 2017
We have gained some wonderful experience over the past few years with our short-term mission trips. In 2017 we have decided to bring that experience home and be on mission at here in our own neighborhoods. This will allow us to not only better serve the people of Cleveland and Bradley County but will also give us a greater opportunity to prepare the next generation for future mission trips.
Mission Projects in 2017
Easter Evangelism & Outreach
- April 1st: Greenway Outreach - Handing out free water and engaging people in gospel conversations along the Cleveland Greenway.
- April 8th: Community Canvassing & Prayer Walking - Going door to door in our own community, inviting people to Easter Sunday, praying with people and praying for our community.
- April 16th: Community Easter Egg Hunt - a community-wide Easter Egg Hunt after morning worship on Sunday.
More Projects Coming Soon. Including...
- Evangelism training and area evangelism events lead by the Brotherhood (Baptist Men)
- Home repair for those in need and the disabled through Ocoee Outreach
- Volunteering at The Caring Place & other community programs
- Community work in the Oak Grove and Taylor communities.
... and potentially more.
In order to take part you must meet the following requirements...
- Must be a member of Oak Grove Baptist
- Agree to the Mission covenant
- Attend all training sessions
Meet John Trovato!
John Trovato joined us in 2015 as the volunteer leader of our Oak Grove mission team. John loves hunting, camping, and encouraging others. He takes the lead on recruiting, organizing and leading our mission and outreach teams.
John is married to Roxie and has two beautiful children, Chandler and Riley.
Disaster Relief Team
Through our partnership with the CrossNet Baptist Network, Tennessee Baptist Convention, and the North American Mission Board we are able to field a disaster relief team that can help at home or across the world. Our team is trained and certified to respond with Southern Baptist Disaster Relief - one of the largest disaster relief organizations in the world. With needs in areas ranging from chainsaw team to mass feeding crew, laundry/shower unit to rebuild we have areas for everyone to serve in. See this page from CrossNet or this page fromTNBaptist to learn more.
Past Service Projects
On Mission in DC: March 21-28, 2015 & March 19-24, 2016
Through our partnership with the CrossNet Baptist Network We were able to serve alongside our SBC Church Planters in reaching DC through servant evangelism projects, community service projects, outreach to children, and construction work. Check out our photo gallery below:
Huricane Sandy Rebuild in NY: March 21-29, 2014
Our mission team partnered with over 150 people from more than 17 churches to help rebuild homes damaged by hurricane Sandy and spread the hope of Christ. Rebuilding and repairing homes, and churches while also doing evangelism and outreach for new church plants. Check out our photo gallery below: